A typical class begins with warm-up exercises, footwork and fundamental skills. Then depending on the day…either a concentration on learning the form itself, weapons work or push hands.
About Chi (Qi) Gong...
Chi: can be defined as energy that originates from the "Dan Tien".... the area ~ 2" below a persons' Navel.
* It can also be "loosely" described as the energy from your breath and also blood circulation.
Gong: can be defined in this usage as work / skill or effort.
Hence when people speak of doing Chi Gong they are in fact speaking about the"skill of moving Chi" around their body. Therefore doing the Long Yang form for example IS IN FACT doing Chi Gong already.
The result of doing Tai Chi Chuan is:
- Increased Heart Rate and Blood Flow to the extremities
- Increased Respiration and Breath Control
- Warming of the joints and muscles of the body (especially the legs)
- Good back posture and overall structural body alignment
= RESULTS IN BETTER HEALTH!!
Unless a person is elderly, disabled or incapable of doing the standard form practices of Tai Chi Chuan. It should be encouraged to just learn and perform the Full length versions Tai Chi Chuan.
Tai Chi Chuan is also a Martial Art, the word Chuan denoting a "Fist" as in martial skills and also self defense.
Unlike most schools, we also teach the Martial applications within Tai Chi. Students here always compliment and express gratitude for explaining the actual applications of Tai Chi.
Usually because it helps them to better understand and remember their form. Also learning the "Martial" and the "Art" side of Tai Chi makes for a more complete practitioner.
Sifu Parungao's Lineage:
Sifu: Onassis Parungao
"Gao Bat Long", has been practicing martial arts for over 29 yrs and had the pleasure of being an instructor at Lam Kwong Wings school in Sunnyvale California
During his time Gao Sifu was a senior student who aided Lam Si Gung in many demonstrations and won full contact fighting championships in his name.
Originally, Gao Sifu traveled west to further his ongoing training under Lam Si Gung. After many years of training, he decided it was time to return to his roots and share his knowledge for the benefit of the people and for the posterity of the styles. This has always been his desire.
Parungao Sifu Head Instructor
Onassis Parungao was born in Rota Spain 1/2 Spanish & 1/2 Filipino descent (Mestiso) These are the STRONGEST experiences in my Martial background:
1.Tung Kong Kalan (Arnis de Mano) Began training at age 8. A Philippine empty hand fighting art.
3. Wrestling Team Co-Capt. Team State Champions, Bronze Medal individual
4. NHB in an Octagon 3x's:
* UFC 7 as an alternate 1-0
* The Russian AFC (aka) Ultimate II 1-1
5. San Shou Chinese Full Contact Free Fighting in the US.
* Champion 85kg, Ohio US Invitational 97'. John Ervin tourney
* Champion 85kg, 1st International Eagle Cup 98'. Lily Lau in San Francisco
6. Trained at Shaolin Temple and certified in San Da 98'.
7. Yang Style...Kuo Yu Cheung's (Gu Ru Zhang) style of taijiquan & Sun Style Taijiquan...current
8. Hung Gar Kuen kung fu since 84' to current...
9. 2018 Champion, Push Hands
Karate Tournament of Champions
Queens College New York.
Youtube Link below:
Currently, Chinese Martial/Arts are his primary passion